5 Replies to “Connecting Cultures: Let’s Create a Visual Dictionary (Iziar De Miguel, Eritka Valdivia-Flores)”

1. Thanks to both of you. I believe it’s a great inspiration that you brought out from the book. I really think that the questions of comparisons being even fair or not it’s interesting. Above all since for Latin Americans and Spaniards there are a lot of choices to compare with US as just one country. It’d be great to see different choices from different LatAm countries for example.
    Great activity to broaden cultural knowledge.

2. Thank you!
    I liked the activity. I can think of many interesting answers, especially if we choose more abstract concepts–la sobremesa, ciertas costumbres o fiestas, etc.

3. Congratulations Eritka and Iziar! I find your activity very attractive and fun for students. I would like to ask you how was the response of the students? above all, to know if they showed knowledge about Hispanic icons and characters or if it was a novelty for them. Thanks for sharing!

4. Was there a particular course type and/or course level, or range of courses and levels that you designed this assignment for?

Also, what made this assignment particular to heritage learners as opposed to L2 learners?

And one idea: The assignment looks even more like an encyclopedia than a dictionary–perhaps that could be the name!

5. Nice activity! I especially like your questions about comparing two cultures at the end.